Last modified: 08/12/2021
At The Hop Shoppe, our commitment to our customers is everything – whether that’s the commitment to giving you the best possible beer experience in the comfort of your own home, or our commitment to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal data.
OUR NOTICE IN A SIP
Who are we?
Our entity name is The Hop Shoppe. We are registered in United Kingdom with registration number 13292868.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect the information that you give us upon registration, when you purchase an item, as well as data that we collect when you navigate through our website or interact with our marketing emails or ads.
How do we use your data?
We use it for different purposes: to fulfil your requests; to send you marketing materials and personalised advertising; to analyse and improve our site and our business. We may link or combine information that we collect about you from various sources to help ensure a consistent user experience.
What rights and choices do you have?
If you no longer want to receive marketing information from us, simply follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the e-mail we send to you.
If you want to exercise your UK GDPR data protection rights, click here.
Who do we share your personal data with?
With reputable service providers that help us run our business (e.g. our delivery partners and payment processors) and with our affiliates, who may use your information in a manner consistent with this Notice.
We may also share with other parties when required by law or in connection with corporate transactions.
How do we protect your data?
We adopt technical and organisational measures to protect your data as comprehensively as possible, including encryption.
THE FULL PRIVACY PINT
- What personal information do we collect? Information you give us:
- Through registration; when you subscribe to our newsletter or register to our loyalty programme; when you enter information on certain pages on the site or login using your social media profile, when you connect to the Wi-Fi network in our bottle shops or when you contact us by phone or email. This includes your name, email address, phone number, date of birth and social media profile details;
- When you purchase an item. This includes payment information and bank details such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, billing and shipping details, transaction details and purchase history;
- Other information we may ask in connection with promotional offers, surveys, contests or other marketing activities.
- How do we use your personal information (and what are the lawful bases for these uses)? We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes: Lawful bases Purposes When you give us your consent to:
- Keep you updated on our latest announcements by sending you emails if you subscribed to our newsletter.
- Place cookies and using similar technologies on our websites, on our apps and in email communication to make sure you have a great, customised experience using our services.
- Provide customer service and support and respond to your queries and requests.
- send you emails with information about our products that we believe may be of interest to you if you have purchased goods from us. We will do this when we believe it is in our mutual interests to do so. If you no longer want to be part of our mailing list, follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the e-mail we send to you.
- Help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the website.
- Combine it with data from our affiliates in the UK to create look-a-like audiences; measure and track activity across our digital ecosystem for A/B testing & attribution efforts; and analyse, manage and improve our and our affiliates’ websites, product offering and services by analysing preferences, interests and purchases.Please note that we anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) when using it for the purposes of testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services.
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell a venture, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, your information will likely be disclosed to our advisers and any other prospective purchaser’s advisers and will be one of the assets that is transferred to the new owner.
- Identify and prevent default in payments, fraud and other harmful activity, to defend our rights or property and to protect the rights and interests of our consumers and users and to comply with applicable law.
- How long do we keep your personal information for? We keep your personal information that we use for the purposes described in this Notice for a period of 2 years maximum since your last engagement with us, except where legal requirements imposing that we keep your personal information longer or less time apply. Information from consent-based cookies and other tracking technologies are kept for 1-year maximum in your terminal equipment (except for session cookies and similar technologies which are kept during your browsing session). We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
- How do we share your personal information? For the purposes identified above, we may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Reputable service providers that help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience including matters such as warehousing and delivery, credit card and data processing, marketing and advertising, management of our loyalty programme, IT hosting and market research. In order to ensure the security of your transactions and prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information with our fraud screening partner.
- Other parties when required by law to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Hop Shoppe, its customers, visitors to this website and/or the public.
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions such as a mergers, acquisitions, sale of assets, or any other transaction that results in a change in control or ownership of our company, in whole or in part.
- Do we transfer your personal information across national borders? We may transfer your personal information to third parties (identified in the previous section) located in countries that do not offer an adequate level of protection, such as the United States. But worry not, we will take appropriate steps to provide an adequate level of protection using the standards set within the EEA as a minimum. No matter where you reside, your data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of this Notice and as required by the law.
- How do we keep your personal information secure? We adopt technical and organisational measures to protect your data as comprehensively as possible. In addition to the commitment of our employees to secrecy and a careful selection and monitoring of our service providers -who are bound to comply with high-security standards for the protection of your personal data- we also secure our operating environment adequately. To protect your data against unwanted access, we use data encryption. Data collected from this website will be passed between your computer and our server and vice versa via the internet using data encryption in transit technology by using 256-Bit TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption. Data stored in our database is encrypted using data encryption in storage technology by using 256-Bit AES encryption. However, the Internet is never 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that information during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
- Your rights (and how to exercise them!) With regard to our processing of your personal information described in this Notice, you have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of any personal information that we hold about you, and receive information about our processing of your personal information;
- to require us to update or correct any inaccurate personal information;
- to require that we stop processing your personal information for the purpose of sending you direct marketing communications or for performing data analytics to derive consumer behaviours’ trends and patterns and improve our and our affiliates’ products and services.